At Butterfly Publishing, our mission is to create and share positive resources for young children and their families. All our products are empowering, inclusive, supportive and educational. We’d love to hear from you if yours does too!
Butterfly Publishing can Design, Publish, Distribute and Promote your book and/or product.
We understand that you want your book to be as successful as it can possibly be and can guarantee that any book or product we choose to publish will be given dedication, professionalism, enthusiasm and heart from our team.
How does it all work? We are a hybrid publisher. This means that the Author/Client pays for their choice of selected items (from the list below or as requested) and 100% of book/product royalties are passed back to the Author/Client. A contract will be drawn up to suit individual requirements. Below is a rough process as some items cross different stages.
“Hybrid publishing companies behave just like traditional publishing companies in all respects, except that they publish books using an author-subsidized business model, as opposed to financing all costs themselves, and in exchange return, a higher-than industry-standard share of sales proceeds to the author. In other words, a hybrid publisher makes income from a combination of publishing services and book sales”.https://www.ibpa-online.org/page/hybrid-publisher-criteria-download
Before Publishing (includes but not limited to)
- Provide an Author profile assessment.
- Provide book (manuscript) and cover design OR liaise with your chosen designer.
- Provide Art Direction and/or illustrations/photographs.
- Provide proof reading services
- Provide copywriting services (Blurb, bio)
- Provide printing quotes with specialist book printers in Australia and overseas.
- Publish your book to an international standard.
- Arrange printing, approvals and delivery of hardcopy books.
During Publishing (includes but not limited to)
- Design posters, leaflets and collateral to support the book. Supplied as printed leaflets and as digital formats.
- Allocation and registration of ISBN with barcode.
- Lodgement with the National Library of Australia.
- Apply for Australian Made license (if applicable).
- Amazon book file creation and lodgement to KDP.
- Kindle file creation and lodgement to KDP.
- IngramSpark book file creation and lodgement to IngramSpark.
- Submit applications for book reviews.
- Manage assets – Create a master library.
- Market and promote your book to local and international sellers.
- Cross promote on Butterfly Publishing’s social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn).
- Submit to local newspapers/Radio stations for exposure.
- Provide Author profile/bio photography and book photography.
- Create short promotional videos.
- Create an Author brand (if applicable) including logo design, website, social media styling, email with [email protected] style email address and associated elements.
After Publishing (includes but not limited to)
- Provide hardcopy books to Author.
- Provide a worldwide wholesale distribution avenue.
- Provide social media images/posts for Author to use and promote with.
- Create a regular social media marketing publishing schedule.
- Film and edit an Author interview for marketing with.
- Host a link for downloadable book resources (if applicable).
- Arrange Author talks/signings at bookstores, libraries and schools.
We accept submissions written in English only. At Butterfly Publishing we accept manuscripts that align with our ethos as outlined above. We don’t accept novels, textbooks, religious or scientific genres. We endeavor to respond to all submissions within 3 weeks, however sometimes it can be longer. You are welcome to email and check where yours is up to.